It is always a wise precaution to pack some essential items in case of illness on holiday. Do choose medicines according to your needs and the country you are intending to visit. lf you take prescription medicines regularly remember to pack them too.
You may want to consider packing the following:
- Paracetamol Travel Sickness tablets Plasters and a small crepe bandage
- Rehydration solutions such as Dioralyte, Anti diarrhoeal for example lmodium
- High factor sunscreen
- Anti material tablets, Water purification tablets, Insect repellent
- Condoms or other contraceptives
- Sunhats for yourself and children
In many tropical countries, mosquitoes can spread diseases such as dengue, chikungunya, West Nile, malaria, yellow fever and Zika. Here are five simple rules you should follow to reduce your risk of infections spread by mosquitoes.
The Health Organisations Travel section on this website has lots of useful links to help Travellers.